Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chapter 20 - The God Above

hello all! i somehow felt that quite a number of people are feeling down/hopeless/discouraged this early in the year.. the lyrics of this song: Praise You In The Storm by Casting Crowns often lifts me up, may it be little or much, it still helped. especially the bridge.

Verse 1
I was sure by now God
you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

Pre-Chorus
As the thunder rolls I barely hear
Your whisper through the rain“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Verse 2
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost can I carry on
If I can’t find You

Bridge (Psalm 121)
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

this is a very powerful song, a song of surrender, a song of hope, a song that reminds, a song that shows the faithfulness of God, a song of declaration and a song of victory.

its very difficult to do as the song says, but really, if only we can praise Him in the storm, things wont seem all that tough anymore. all things are possible through Christ alone.

be still, and know He IS God! :)

1 comment:

julialow said...

amen and amen.
encouraging song. will listen to it! :)